How long the antioxidants last in our organism ? - Printable Version
+- ORACValues.com Forum (http://www.oracvalues.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Antioxidants (/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: High-Antioxidant Foods (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How long the antioxidants last in our organism ? (/thread-19.html)
How long the antioxidants last in our organism ? - dsb9000 - 10-21-2009 09:24 AM
1. I would like to know how many hours the antioxidant effect last in each item.
Daily, iÂ´m eating the follow items:
cloves: (morning: 0,5g / afternoon: 0,5g)
cocoa powder (morning: 25g / afternoon: 25g)
cinnamon: (morning: 5g / afternoon: 5g)
oregano:(lunch: 5g / afternoon: 5g)
bran rice: (lunch:10g)
kiwi: 2 units
IÂ´ve read that milk inhibit the antioxidant absorption.
2.So , how long before and after drinking milk we should wait to eat antioxidant food ?
3. Is there any others foods that act against antioxidants ? Which are they ?
Thanks for help.
ps: ItÂ´s my second post. I donÂ´t why, but the first one didnÂ´t work.
edc - SGM123 - 10-29-2009 12:47 PM
Re: How long the antioxidants last in our organism ? - dsb9000 - 10-29-2009 02:01 PM
The cinnamon iÂ´m using is light and a bit "sweet".
The dark one is really strong and the taste i donÂ´t liked. That one iÂ´m not using.
Well , so i will decrese the amount and keep just the variety.
But, i would like to keep a high antioxidant diet ( heathy, of course) mainly by using cocoa powder.
1. IÂ´ve heard about some benefits about eating 50g-100g of chocolate (50% of cocoa). But most chocolates have 4X more fat and 2X more calories than pure cocoa.How iÂ´m vegetarian, maybe this can compensate the 5 grams of total fat obtained by cocoa powder.
IÂ´m not eating chocolate and neither candy by all the day, just pure cocoa powder (25g morning + 25g afternoon) with some fruits and water. Even so can be unheatlhy ?
2. Based on actual studies, what should be the healthy amount of cocoa powder to eat daily ? Eating one time is worse than eating half ,twice, along the day ?
3. Is useless surpassing 5000-6000 ORAC ? What number i shouldnÂ´t surpass ?
4. 4 soap spoons daily of oregano is toxic, or not healthy ?
I promess to contain my doubts :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
edc - SGM123 - 11-08-2009 02:04 PM
Re: How long the antioxidants last in our organism ? - dsb9000 - 11-09-2009 09:06 PM
soap spoon = table spoon (improving my english yet...)
Well, now iÂ´m using just teaspoons of some spices. IÂ´ve also decrease the amount of cocoa powder to 25g daily.